Fresh Polish Sausage
The most traditional of all the Polish Sausages. The best cuts of pork are combined with garlic, marjoram, salt and pepper to give you the flavor well known yet hard to find.
How to prepare Fresh Sausage
- If the kielbasa is frozen, thaw it a little. Place fresh kielbasa in pot Add enough warm water to cover. Bring up to boil.
- Cover and simmer on very LOW heat for about 20 - 30 minutes. Too rapid boiling may cause the sausage to burst. DO NOT prick sausages; they become dry. Also, try not to overcook – the sausage looses flavor and becomes too dry.
- After about half an hour of cooking sausage comes out moist and delicious, should be greish white in color and no pink while sliced open. The casing is natural and edible, however I like to remove it, it peels of easily.
- It tastes best served with a side of beets and horseradish or plain horseradish or horseradish cream. Some people like to replace horseradish with hot brown mustard.
- After boiling Fresh Sausage can be fried to crispy or browned on a grill. It tastes excellent with fried onions and crusty bread.
- Can be frozen after cooking.
Reviews Hide Reviews
I ordered for my polish mother and she said it was the best fresh polish sausage she has ever had!
Sausage was good!
Fresh Polish Sausage Fresh Polish Sausage
Just wonderful. Tastes like I had when I was a kid.
The Best Polish Sausage!
I’m from Milwaukee, WI and. Polish. Recently moved to Rochester MN and no fresh polish anywhere so I ordered this. I dare say that this is the best Polish I have ever eaten! I will be back! Thank you!
Make sure to follow the perfect instructions on the website on how to cook these. Fresh kielbasa are very easy to overcook and then they become dry. These came out perfect when I followed the instructions. They were juicy and flavorful. Very meaty--they didn't seem to have a lot of "filling" like fat and gristle. Just delicious with some Polish mustard or horseradish.
This fresh kielbasa was Deeelicous!! Me and my sisters have bought kielbasa at every Polish Deli from NC to Massachusetts looking for the same great taste like the kielbasa we made growing up. This was it and it was awesome
Easter Fresh Kielbasa
My husband loved the sausage and pierogies that I made for Easter. He said it was the best he ever had. He grew up in a Polish family outside of Philadelphia. They bought their kielbasa in the Polish section of the city. However, this Easter sausage had no grit and the mix of spices just made it so delicious. The pierogies were full of potatoes not purée. Sooo good. Just like home made!! I will be buying more!
Wonderfully delicious!! Tastes just like the fresh kielbasa Iremember from my childhood. Brought back memories of days gone by with my family. Authentic !